- Prepare Adobe FrameMaker documents for conversion to XML
- Edit converted XML to conform to DITA XML standards
- Update customer documents using XmetaL, FrameMaker, and Arbortext
- Produce PDF and HTML output for publication using Xmetal, FrameMaker and Arbortext
- Compose, edit and produce technical manuals, supplements and materials in conformance with FAA style guides, customer and CAVOK document standards.
- Assist with overall quality of manual sets including manual content and all control documents.
- Develop dynamic online forms.
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the technical documentation based on the project and client requirements.
- Research and review engineering drawings and related technical data, determine their effect on aircraft technical manuals and publications such as IPC.
Education and Experience Required:
- 3 years technical writing experience.
- 5 years commercial aircraft experience with a practical approach to solving problems.
- AA, AS in technical or scientific field. Equivalent and related experience may be substituted.
- A&P license preferred.
Skills and Attributes:
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Frame Maker, Arbortext, Xmetal
- Must be familiar with aircraft technical manuals such as IPC, AMM, and CMM.
- Must possess fundamental writing skills to ensure that technical content is clear, concise and grammatically correct.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- High attention to detail
- Must be able to type 30 WPM
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Team player
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative
- Hard working and customer focus a must.
- Eager to learn
- Exhibits attention to detail and is a champion for accurace
How to Apply
- Please send CV and cover letter to: CAVOK
- To learn more, please follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter: @CAVOKgroup. www.cavokgroup.com/careers