Date Posted: 7/13/2018
Office/region: Fort Worth, TX; Atlanta, GA
Practice Group: Certification, Compliance, Quality & Safety
Reports to: CAVOK Vice President
CAVOK is looking for experienced Technical Operations Certification Specialists. This dynamic role involves assisting our aviation clients (to include airlines, Part 145 MROs, and ODAs) to support new capabilities and regulatory authorizations, and improving operational results and/or ineffective processes while incorporating Safety Risk Management practices and applicable regulatory requirements. The Technical Operations Certification Specialist provides comprehensive technical advisory support and services that relate to safe, reliable and cost-effective operations in the aircraft maintenance environment. The Technical Operations Certification Specialist is a subject matter expert with extensive experience in aircraft maintenance operations and infrastructure. The Technical Operations Certification Specialist has a deep knowledge of industry or cross industry best practices, process evaluation/improvement methodologies, and project management.
- Creating and editing technical and/or operational manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) according to applicable policies and procedures, applicable national aviation authority (NAA) regulations, and customer specifications using Safety Management System (SMS) principles
- Writing technical documentation and procedures that is accurate, complete, and complies with industry standards for quality, format, and style
- Facilitating client workshops and meetings with attendees varying from front line workers to senior management to understand and document current processes while driving to future-state best practice processes
- Developing and presenting solutions to complex and difficult process problems while maintaining positive customer interfaces
- Five years or more experience in Part 121 Technical Operations, preferably in areas of regulatory compliance, Inspector, and/or Quality Assurance
- Current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and/or Power Plant Certificate
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or combination of commensurate work experience
- Experience in project management, planning, and process improvement methodologies
- Experience facilitating group workshops (Kaizen events) for process improvement
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Part 145, Part 135, and/or ODA experience is a plus
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to write and review technical documents for clarity and grammar and to comply with defined technical writing standards as well as applicable regulatory requirements and guidelines
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for maintenance operations, specifically: Part 121, Part 135, Part 145, and Part 91
- Working with the FAA to coordinate the implementation of new processes and procedures
- Understanding of all airline, MRO, repair station functional areas and the interrelationships between them
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational manuals, control documents, terms, programs and regulations
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be a team player
- Ability to interface professionally, credibly and objectively, with colleagues and clients
- Customer service oriented with ability to adapt in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Must be able to travel both within the United States and internationally, as required based on project assignment
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative
- Resourceful; able to solve problems with minimal supervision
- Exhibits attention to detail and is a champion for accuracy and quality
How to Apply:
- Please send CV and cover letter to: CAVOK
- To learn more, please follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter: @CAVOKgroup. www.cavokgroup.com/careers
With more than 2,900 professionals in over 40 cities around the globe, Oliver Wyman is the leading management consulting firm that combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, organizational transformation, and leadership development. The firm helps clients optimize their businesses, improve their operations and risk profile and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is part of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC].
Oliver Wyman’s Aviation, Aerospace & Defense practice works with OEM’s, commercial passenger and cargo carriers, MRO’s other service providers, and government entities to develop and implement business growth strategies, improve operational efficiencies, and maximize organizational engagements for aviation, aerospace, and defense clients over the past five years, and have consulted to nearly three quarters of the Fortune 500 firms in these sectors. The practice serves the industry worldwide with consultants based in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 60,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.