CAVOK is a term used by pilots meaning ceiling and visibility OK. That is particularly appropriate because of our deep aviation experience.
CAVOK subject matter experts have more than 1,300 years of combined airline operations expertise, culled from more than 30 different airlines globally, including military and government agencies. More than 70 percent of employees hold Federal Aviation Administration certification and licenses. CAVOK has actively sought people with in-depth understanding of all facets of airline operations, and the results for the client are significant, measurable, and sustainable.
Founded in 1996, CAVOK was acquired by Oliver Wyman in 2007 and draws on the consulting firmís strategic and operational expertise in aviation. By combining CAVOKís operational knowledge with Oliver Wymanís management consulting experience in the aviation industry, our clients gain access to unique depth and breadth of experience, tools, and acumen.
Greg Colgan, General Manager
Greg has more than 16 years of industry experience. Broad experience includes consulting for an OEM, large passenger airlines, and an international operational and supply chain. At CAVOK he focuses on certification, maintenance programs, and technical data validation.
Jim Ballough, Vice President
Jim has more than 40 years of experience in aviation regulation, and rose to the job of director of flight standards at the FAA. Jimís work at CAVOK focuses on certification, safety, and compliance and quality.
Tom Cooper, Vice President
Tom has over 20 years of aviation and manufacturing leadership experience including aircraft engineering, maintenance programs, maintenance planning, technical publications, fleet projects, regulatory compliance and as a FAA liaison.
Doug Dalbey, Vice President
Doug worked in aviation regulation for 23 years, including the role of deputy director of flight standards at the FAA. At CAVOK he focuses on certification, safety, and compliance and quality.
Chris Doan, Vice President
Chris is a highly regarded expert in the aviation community and a sought after speaker. He focuses on improving troubled operations with expertise in MRO operations, certification and safety. Additionally, he is a LEAN and Six Sigma expert guiding clients in their operational improvement efforts and a FAA licensed pilot and mechanic.
Roger Lehman, Oliver Wyman Partner and Global Transportation Lead
Roger has more than 19 years of experience consulting to aviation and aerospace clients. He is an expert on airline strategy, restructuring, supply chain and operations.
David Marcontell, Vice President
Dave focuses on strategic planning, operational performance improvement, new aircraft entry-in-service, flight operations authority expansion, merger and acquisition due diligence, organizational structure and design, and engineering and maintenance planning. He also leads the M&E Solutions business and is a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt as well as a FAA licensed pilot and mechanic.
Chris Spafford, Oliver Wyman Partner and Lead CAVOK Advisor
Chris has more than 15 years of consulting experience, helping clients including airlines, the manufacturers and MROs for every major aircraft, engine, and parts.
Mary Zobrak, Vice President
Mary has over 20 years of experience in aviation training, manual development, and air carrier operations. Her work at CAVOK focuses on new certifications, mergers, safety, and compliance.
We maintain industry relationships with a number of major aviation organizations, allowing us remain abreast of trends, debates, and pending changes.
- As a member of the Aeronautical Repair Station Association (ARSA,) we serve on industry panels and participate in their annual symposium.
- Our long-standing relationship with the FAA allows us to stay abreast of current policy, regulatory changes, and legal interpretations. This exclusive insight provides value to our clients unmatched by our competitors.
- CAVOK is a contributing member of the FAA Aviation Rulemaking Advisory Committee (ARAC) Maintenance Reliability Program Working Group. We offer a unique industry perspective because we work with numerous industry players on their reliability programs.
- CAVOK continues to work with the Air Charter Safety Foundation (ACSF) on safety initiatives relating to the Air Charter industry. Additionally, a member of the CAVOK leadership team serves on the ACSF Board of Governors.
- CAVOK stays abreast of international initiatives by maintaining close relationships with International Air Transport Association (IATA) leadership.